The Club provides a very high standard of competitive golf. We have over 220 single figures golfers, which is the reason that we have a maximum handicap limit of 18 for Full and 6 day male Members and 28 for 5 day male members. The handicap limit for ladies is 36; although Our 'Get Into Golf Initiative' (GIGI) will cater for those off higher handicaps or beginners. There is an extensive programme of competitions and matches that cater for all levels of golfer in both sections.
For couples we also have a mixed golf programme of formal competitions, informal roll-ups and Club matches. Socially, the Club is very active with a number of social functions including gourmet nights, summer events, regular Sunday lunches and BBQs arranged through the year. These are open to all members and their guests. We also welcome children to the Club with their parents.
As Stoneham Golf Club is owned by the Members, we can invest in the course and the clubhouse to ensure that we provide the best possible standards for the Members at the same time as safeguarding the long term future of the Club. The Full, 6 and 5 Day membership is limited in numbers. Keeping the membership to these limits and restricting Society play ensures ease of access which remains a priority.
The application pack, including the application form, can be downloaded here
- A warm welcome to members, their family and friends, including children.
- Playing a first class heathland course, a top 100 course in England, and one of the best courses in Hampshire.
- A reciprocal agreement to play free of charge, over 35 courses around the UK including many others in the Top 100. We have even gone 'global' with a reciprocal in Australia..!
- A Course that drains exceptionally well resulting in very few days of closure. You will NEVER play on temporary greens.
- Perfect for competitive and social golfer. Over 100 competitions and knock-out events per year for those that want competition.
- New Short Game Area in play from June 2020 and the 16 bay Members Driving Range planned for completion by spring 2021
- Internal and inter-club matches for all standards of ladies & gentlemen.
- A varied social calendar.
- Excellent professional staff to help you develop your game or just get it back on track.
- Members discount of 15% on bar and 10% on some catering via a loyalty card.
- Use of dining/private function room for your private parties or business meetings.
- Excellent cuisine from our caterers who produce everything from bar snacks to a la carte dining