Stoneham Golf Club is a private members golf club and as a member the benefits you will get are:
- A warm welcome to member’s and their family and friends, especially children.
- Playing a first class heathland course and one of the best courses in Hampshire
- Playing a top 100 course in England
- Membership is limited in numbers. Limiting the membership will also ensure a good pace of play throughout the day.
- A reciprocal agreement to play NINE other top quality clubs in Hampshire, Surrey and Dorset free of charge throughout the year plus courtesy of the course in clubs all around the country through our membership of the 1908 Society.
- A Course that drains exceptionally well resulting in very few days of closure and NEVER play on temporary greens.
- A full calendar of over 50 competitions and knock-out events.
- Internal and inter-club matches for all standards of ladies & gentlemen.
- A busy social calendar.
- Excellent professional staff to help you develop your game or just get it back on track.
- Members discount of 15% on bar and 10% on some catering via a loyalty card.
- Use of dining/private function room for your private parties or business meetings.
- Excellent cuisine from our caterers who produce everything from bar snacks to a la carte dining
The Club provides a very high standard of competitive golf. We have over 180 single figures golfers including over 80 category 1 golfers, which is the reason that we have a maximum handicap limit of 18 for Full and 6 day male members and 24 for 5 day male members. There is no handicap requirement for the ladies. However, there is some latitude in these for couples joining the Club together. There is an extensive programme of competitions and matches that cater for all levels of golfer in both sections.
For couples we also have a thriving mixed golf programme of formal competitions, informal roll-ups and a few matches. Socially the club is very active with a number of social functions including gourmet nights, summer events, regular Sunday carvery’s, BBQ’s etc. arranged through the year. These are open to all and their guests. We also welcome children to the Club with their parents.
As Stoneham Golf Club is owned by the members, we can invest in the course and the clubhouse to ensure that we provide the best possible standards for the members at the same time as safeguarding the long term future of the Club. The full, 6 and 5-Day membership is limited in numbers. Keeping the membership to these limits ensures ease of access remains a priority. Society play is limited to Mondays, Tuesday afternoons, Thursdays, Fridays and Sunday afternoons, by prior arrangement.
Male members applying for Full and 6 day membership will need to have a handicap of 18 or lower, although handicaps up to 21 will be considered if proposed and seconded by members. Male members applying for 5 Day membership will need a handicap of 24 or lower. Ladies applying for membership will need to have a handicap of 36 or lower.
Our application process is to ensure that prospective members like us as much as us deciding if they will fit in with the existing members. Please take the opportunity at every stage to ask all the questions that help you find out about us. Whilst we are a very keen to preserve all that is good about the traditions and etiquette of golf, we do not do this to the detriment of modern standards and expectations.
Ideally new applicants will have a Proposer and Seconder from the club, but this is not a necessity. If you do not know anyone at the club please let us know when you complete the application form as it means that we will take a more active role in integrating you in to the Club.
Once we have your completed application form, you will be invited to play a round of golf with a senior member of the Club. Every prospective member will then be asked to a short interview with the Manager where they can raise any final questions they may have.
If you have any questions about the process please call us on 02380 769272 or email us at email@example.com
Subscriptions (These rates apply from 1 Oct 19 to 30 Sept 20): These can be paid in full, by debit/credit card or by using the monthly direct debit scheme. Subscriptions are pro-rated when a new member joins part way through the subscription year.
Entry Fees: NEW……ENTRANCE FEES CAN BE SPREAD OVER 3 YEARS.
There are options to include the entrance fee in the monthly direct debit scheme members use for the subscriptions. Entrance fees can also be paid by debit card. Special arrangements are in place for under 35s ~ please call on 02380 769272 for further details.
|Membership Category||Men’s Subs||Entry Fee||Ladies Subs||Entry Fees|
|Junior Category 1||£240||£0||£240||£0|
|Junior Category 2||£180||£0||£180||£0|
|Junior Category 3||£120||£0||£120||£0|
|Junior Category 4||£60||£0||£60||£0|
Stoneham Golf Club is one of the most competitive golf clubs within Hampshire. The course is a great test of anybody’s skills. The club has a friendly and welcoming environment where we offer different types of membership and they are 5 day membership, 6 day membership and full membership. Becoming a member at Stoneham will allow you to play in a full schedule of competitions and matches throughout the year.
Male members applying for Full and 6 day membership will need to have a handicap of 18 or lower, although handicaps up to 21 will be considered if proposed and seconded by members. Male members applying for 5 Day membership will need a handicap of 24 or lower.
We are offering a limited number of full playing memberships with Zero entrance fee to ladies who are interested in joining Stoneham Golf Club.
In addition to all the general benefits of membership detailed here, you would be joining a friendly section of lady golfers of all abilities. Their regular competition day is Tuesday mornings and there is also the ability to play the same competition at the weekend, as an alternate day for those it suits. The ladies also play in all the major ladies competitions in Hampshire as well as having a number of friendly inter-club matches.
Social roll-ups are organised through the week for those who are less competitive. In addition to this they have a number of dinners & social events through the year as well as arranging trips to London for shopping & the theatre. If you like your golf mixed, then there are also a number of inter-club matches, a summer knock-out, Thursday night roll-ups & now some weekend events.
If you would like to take one of the few spaces we have, then please complete this application form & return it to me.
If you have any questions then please send an e-mail or call the office on 023 8076 9272.
What better place to do business than in the fresh air, surrounded by stunning English scenery. There’s no wonder that the golf course is such a popular place to chat with clients or suppliers.
Stoneham Golf Club is the ideal place to build relationships with clients, colleagues or commercial partners.
Our Corporate Membership provides the perfect facility to achieve this
- Rated as one of England’s Top 100 golf courses
- In the middle of a £1 million investment on the golf course
- Online Tee reservations
- Relaxed friendly atmosphere
- Boardroom available for pre-golf meetings & private dining
- 25% green fee discount on corporate/golf days
- High quality catering
- Corporate card offering 15% discount on drinks and 10% on bar food.
- Access to Club social events
- Complimentary Broadband
- Free and easy parking
- The ability for the ‘named hosts’, to maintain an official handicap.
- Great location, less than five minutes from the M3, M27 and Southampton Airport
- Represented on the European Tour by Richard Bland
Corporate Packages are available and can be tailored to your specific requirements
We can arrange corporate days for you and your clients and provide everything you need to create the best impression of your company, from golfing items with your logo, to first tee TrackMan and coaching sessions with the Professional, as well as offering them a great day’s golf along with some excellent hospitality.
For further information on any or all of these items please contact me on 02380769272 or come into the Club for a cup of coffee.
Richard Arnold Manager/PGA
For play anytime from Monday-Friday & after 11am on non-competition Sunday’s (Bank Holidays treated as a Saturday/Sunday)
If rounds are not used on any given month, they cannot be carried forward
|Category||Joining Fee||2018/19 Subscription||Rounds per month||Named Host|
Rates subject to VAT
- Each package entitles you to a number of allocated rounds to use within a 12 month period.
- Rounds may be used as long as at least 1 host is present.
- All Corporate Membership Packages have the option to have up to 4 named hosts.
- Each players’ round is deducted from the allocated number of rounds.
- There are no Joining Fees for any of the listed categories.
- Welcoming and friendly environment
- Stoneham actively support the junior section.
- We can cater for all ages and abilities.
- Golf is one of the only sports where you can play as a whole family
- Junior Coaching is available with our Pro’s here at Stoneham
- We have had many juniors represent the County
At Stoneham we have a strong junior set up. Our Junior Organiser Noan Nicol gets everybody involved in matches and competitions that we have throughout the year. As part of the Junior Team you will get to play in League matches and Knockout Events played at many courses around Hampshire throughout the year. We also run Junior Competitions throughout the year, which is a great opportunity to come up and meet the rest of the team. Over the last few years we have had juniors progress to the men’s 1st team and over the last couple of years several juniors have earned themselves Golf Scholarships in America.
If you would like any more information about becoming a junior member please contact Noan Nicol or call us in the office. You can call us on 02380 769272
If you are 60 or over and would like to play, our Seniors section would be delighted to welcome you into our match program. We play 22 clubs, eight of which feature in the Top 100 Courses in England. These matches are played on a home and away basis, from March to October. We play in teams of 12, on a 4 ball better ball format.
Most matches tee-off at midday and all are followed by a sit down meal.
These are friendly matches but still offer a great balance of competition and fellowship.