Open Competitions – Entry Forms & Schedule
Come along and play in our opens at Stoneham and enjoy the challenge of a great course. All the entry forms can be downloaded from below. The start sheets will be published here once the closing dates have passed.
|Date of Event||Closing date||Event||Format||Handicap limit||Cost||Event Contact||Contact Phone||Contact Email|
|07.06.18||13.05.18||Seniors Open||Individual Stableford||22||£38||Jayne / Lawrence||02380 email@example.com|
|24.06.18||03.06.18||Mixed Open||Mixed Greensome Stableford||Combined 54||£80||Jayne / Lawrence||02380 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|20.07.18||When Full||Stoneham Pro- Am||Best 2 Scores from 4||24||As Per Form||Jayne / Lawrence||02380 email@example.com|
|23.07.18||09.07.18||Ladies Open||18 Hole Stableford Bowmaker||30||£38||Jayne / Lawrence||02380 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|11/12.08.18||20.07.18||The Solent Salver Inc. The Mike Smith Memorial & The Stoneham Trophy||36 Hole Individual Medal||5||£92||Mark Gillard||02380 email@example.com|
|13.08.18||29.07.18||Junior Open||36 Hole Individual Medal||28/36||£20||Jayne / Lawrence||02380 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|15.08.18||29.07.18||Spitfire Trophy – Past & Present Captain Invitation Meeting||33 Hole Foursomes Stableford||£90||Jayne / Lawrence||02380 email@example.com|
Current Green Fee Prices
|18 Holes May – October||18 Holes Nov – April|
|Monday – Thursday||£70||£50|
|Friday – Sunday & Bank Holidays||£80||£60|
|Members Guest (playing with)||£35||£30|
|Members Guest (playing without)||£45||£35|
|5 Day Members at Weekends (Only 3 times a year as a Members Guest)||£30||£25|
|Under 18 with a Member||£20||£15|
|Under 18 without a Member||£40||£30|
|County Card (Monday-Friday only)||£50||£35|
Societies & Group Packages
To allow you to make it ‘your’ day we would rather let you tailor your visit to suit your society’s requirements. If you need any assistance in planning or running your golf day then please contact us as we would be delighted to help in any way we can.
|2017 Society Green Fees||18 Holes||27 Holes or More|
|Monday-Thursday & Sunday PM (May-October)||£50||£60|
|Winter Package (Nov-Apr) includes a 1 course meal||£40||£50|
|Friday & Saturday – Call for price and availability|
Visitors & Societies
We want all visiting golfers to enjoy their visit to Stoneham, so as the organiser of your event please ensure that all your golfers are aware of the information in the pack we have sent you or that you have downloaded yourself from here. The menu selections can be downloaded on their own from this link.
‘Nearest The Pin’ & ‘Longest Drives’ markers are available. Please let us know your requirements prior to your day and we will pre-position them on the course for you.
A deposit of £100 will be required to confirm a provisional booking with the remainder due on the day, payable by cheque or cash. Please note you will need to confirm final numbers 48 hours prior to your visit and it is these numbers that you will be billed for.
If you would like prizes for the presentation at the end of you day, please call our Professional Ian Young on 023 8076 8397 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pace of play is important to us for the benefit of all golfers, so please ensure that you are on the tee and ready to play at your start time. For this reason the only four ball formats we allow are fourball better ball stableford, foursomes or greensomes. A 3 ball should be able to get round the course in no longer than 3hrs 45mins.
We do allow registered disabled golfers to use their own buggies, subject to them satisfying our safety requirements. Please call the office for more details.
To enquire about availability please contact us via the website or call our us on 02380 769272.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We are delighted to share Stoneham Golf Club and its facilities with visitors, who are regarded as members for the day, but request that they abide by our club rules and conduct themselves accordingly. We request that visitors and guests show consideration for their fellow golfers by avoiding slow play, repairing divots and pitch marks and raking bunkers.
Whilst we are proud of our history and traditions, Stoneham is a forward looking Club. Our aim is to be a Club where members and visitors come to enjoy leisure and social activities as part of their lifestyle. We encourage a friendly, relaxed atmosphere based on friendship and respect for others.
Course and Practice Area
- On the Course and Practice areas: proper wearing of golf-specific attire (purchasable at a recognised golf shop) is requested at all times.
- Shirts must have a collar, turtle neck or be designed for golf. It is appreciated that these are tucked into trousers, shorts, skirts or worn outside only when they are so designed.
- Shorts must be tailored (note: the definition of ‘tailored’ is fitted or having a smart or simple cut) and accompanied by predominantly white sports socks or socks in keeping with the colour of the outfit.
- Combat (Cargo) trousers/shorts are not deemed to be ‘tailored’. (note: Definition of Cargo trousers/shorts is: Loose-fitting casual cotton trousers/shorts with large patch pockets halfway down each leg.),
- Golf shoes must be worn, i.e. no trainers or other non-golfing footwear.
- Trousers must not be tucked into socks, other than plus twos or plus fours.
- As of the Course and Practice Area, but discretion will be used with clothing appropriate for the Clubhouse and patio.
Not allowed anywhere:
- Trousers that are frayed or have holes/rips;
- Football/rugby shirts (and the like) / shirts with numbers,
- Hooded garments,
- Combat (Cargo) trousers/shorts (description above)
- Socks only or bare feet.
- Shoes that have been worn on the golf course (including dimpled shoes)
- Hats (excepting for medical reasons),
- Wet weather trousers.
Discretion will be used with all the above, in relation to children.
- It is commonly accepted that good taste for ladies and men is different, e.g. ladies wear sandals, sleeveless tops and tailored T-shirts whereas it is not appropriate for men to wear sandals with long trousers, singlets or T-shirts.
Adherence to the rules
- We trust that members will exercise discretion and good taste, thereby avoiding us having to take further action.
- At the Captain’s Committee request, the staff are asked to enforce the Dress Code.
- Frequent transgressors will be referred to the Captain’s Committee.
- Management, staff & all Members of Stoneham Golf Club have the authority to politely enforce this dress code. Any unacceptable response to a challenge should be reported to the Manager, Assistant Manager or a Committee Member.
- Golfers and visitors who are uncooperative or abusive to staff may be asked to leave the Golf Club.